“Mom, what is your favourite flower?”
This isn’t the kind of answer you would typically expect in response to this question, especially since Mother’s Day is coming up... but that all depends on the mom you ask! If you ask a mom who is also a Bakery Manager, like Oriana Villegas of COBS Michael Angelo’s Market Place in Mississauga, this is the response you receive: “My favorite is the Whole Wheat Vienna with sesame seeds. A tuna salad sandwich with crunchy cucumbers on this delicious bread makes a great combination of Omega-3s and fibre for my lunch.”
COBS Bread whole wheat loaves are baked with 100% whole grain flour, which is grown and milled in Alberta specifically for COBS Bread.
Key features of 100% whole grain breads:
- Made with 100% whole grain flour
- Good source of fibre
- No trans fats
- Low in saturated fat
- No added sugar, artificial colours or preservatives
Canada’s Food Guide recommends that half of your grain product choices are whole grain each day. Including whole grains in a daily diet can lower triglycerides, improve insulin control and help you maintain a healthy weight, in addition to these benefits:
- Dietary fibre from whole grains helps reduce blood cholesterol levels and may lower risk of heart disease.
- Whole grains contain vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals which promote overall health and reduce our risk of developing serious disease.
- Fibre-containing foods such as whole grains help provide a feeling of fullness with fewer calories.
What better way to let mom know you love her by providing her with healthy bread? Ok, there are a lot of good ways, including the traditional flowers. “In case you really want to know, my favourite type of flowers are red roses,” says Villegas.