Ok, so Franken-Scones may not exactly be scary, but they are a delicious treat your family is sure to enjoy this Halloween weekend.
Please note that Franken-Scones are not sold like this in our bakeries- they need to be constructed yourself... YOU must become the Dr. Frankenstein to the scones! (Insert booming sound of thunder and flickering lightning here.)
Steps to Make Franken-Scones:
- Purchase an assortment of scones from your local COBS Bread bakery.
- Ensure you have extra icing. (Make or purchase from your grocery store.)
- Slice scones in half.
- Decide which varieties you are going to combine.
- Spread icing on bottom halves.
- Put them together... and your FRANKEN-SCONES are born!
Get creative with the combinations- you may be surprised what your favourite flavour blends may be! (Disclaimer: Not all combinations are complementary!)
Back row: Cinna-kin (Cinnamon and Pumpkin), Pumpkin Booberry (Pumpkin and Lemon Blueberry), Double Choco-Berry (Double Chocolate and Berry White Chocolate)
Front row: Cinna-boo (Cinnamon and Lemon Blueberry), Choco-kin (Double Chocolate and Pumpkin)