Make it smashing!
While Meghan Markle spends the next few days practising saying “I do” with a British accent, you can spend the next few days planning your Royal Wedding Viewing Party. Here are a few things you might consider organizing to make your event a little extra hoigh-brow.
- Fancy tea cups: Real bone china and fancy teacups unequivocally scream British high society and add an instant element of décor and festivity to your viewing party! Last month, Eschelle Westwood of Mumfection tried our newest Strawberry Passion Fruit scones and she made sure to enjoy it with a spot of tea in her finest china with a delicate floral design.
- An Assortment of Scones – If you didn’t know, scones are a favourite British single-serve baked treat, and we are proud to say that we bake a delicious variety of these two (three, or four) bite biscuits. Our most popular are the Berry White Chocolate, Lemon Blueberry, and Cinnamon. At the moment, we are also currently offering a summer-inspired scone called Strawberry Passion Fruit. Although they are a limited time offer, don’t worry- you might still be able to get them for this weekend. Just call your local bakery ahead of time to place an order!
- Finger sandwiches: You grab the cukes and cream cheese, and we’ll provide you with delicious fresh bread to make those adorable finger sandwiches. Thinly sliced cucumber and cream cheese is probably the most traditional, but I’m sure you’ve got some other ideas! Here’s a Veggie Finger Sandwich recipe from our friends at Bakers Delight.
- Fascinators: These NEVER go out of style when over the top headwear is in fashion. Not ready to invest in a designer piece? Do it yourself! Here’s a fun, quick video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sttt6hV1WoI
- Snappy Hashtag: While there isn’t an “official” hashtag for Harry and Meghan’s nuptials, we scanned the web and found this one, inspired by how it is rumoured that Harry fell in love with Meghan at first sight: #YOUHADMEATMARKLE