Whether you are gearing up for the big game on Sunday or watching any sports this weekend this platter is for you and your family! Though we really don’t think you need a reason to make a platter, the weekend is enough of a reason for us.
Making this platter is easy – all you’ll need is the following:
- Chopping board (or large serving plate)
- COBS Bread mini pizzas
- COBS Bread Mini Cinnamon Buns
- COBS Bread Higher Fibre Loaf
- Ham & Turkey slices
- Cheese slices of your choice
First, we started building this platter with our mini pizzas. With 4 flavours to choose from* there is definitely something for everyone. Spinach, Mushroom & Garlic Mini Pizza – this is a great option for a mini pizza without the tomato sauce base. Hawaiian Mini Pizza – enjoy this tropical classic with a mix of sweet and savoury in every bite. Chorizo & Prosciutto Mini Pizza – this is for our meat lovers! We top this mini pizza with tomato sauce, chorizo, prosciutto and a delicious aged white cheddar. Cheese & Veggie Mini Pizza – with a mix of red peppers, mushrooms, and olives this one is for you classic vegetarian pizza fans.
Once you’ve picked your mini pizzas (or maybe you couldn’t pick and got all 4 like we did, just slice these up and arrange them in the corners of your board.
Hot Tip: if you want your mini pizzas to be warmer, you can heat them up in your oven under the broil setting for about 1 minute, or until the cheese has started to bubble.
The next step is to make your finger club sandwiches. We made two of these sandwiches to get 8 mini club sandwiches.
- Toast 6 slices of Higher Fibre Loaf
- Add mayonnaise to 4 slices – these will be your bottom & middle slice.
- On your bottom slice of bread, add a slice of cheese, ham, and tomato (if you are using it), then top with the middle slice.
- On the middle slice, you can add your turkey and lettuce and top with the final slice of bread.
- Put a toothpick in each corner and slice into 4 triangles.
You can then add these to the empty space in the middle of your board, making sure to leave room for dessert!
Last, but definitely not least, we finished off our platter with some Mini Cinnamon Buns. You can get these in a pack of 6 and squeeze as many as possible onto the platter as you can – trust us on this one!
There you have it! Our easy and fun game day platter. We hope you give this a try, and if you do, don’t forget to tag us @COBSBread.
*Note: Some bakeries may only make one vegetarian option.