Date Posted: November 22nd 2021
Share in something more with a career at COBS Bread
2021 Top 50 Best Workplaces™ in Canada by Great Place to Work®
When you work with COBS Bread, you’re part of a workplace that is committed to providing you with an experience that will help you rise to any occasion. We’re here to encourage you to grow, connect with your community, have fun with your team, and to share in something more. We’ve got exciting plans in place for you as a passionate, inquisitive and eager team player who wants to make an impact.
Your Role – Assistant Bakery Manager
Right now, we are looking for an Assistant Bakery Manager who is looking for the next challenge in their career to lead and develop a strong bakery team. Working as part of the production and sales team, you’ll play a big part in making that magical wall of bread appear before your customers eyes each morning, and will motivate the sales team to help it fly off the shelves. Your leadership and “can-dough” attitude will support the bakery in all aspect of operations, so get ready to roll up your sleeves and dive in!
What Your Day Looks Like
- Manage and work as part of a small team, providing an exception product and customer experience
- Work alongside your team to keep the bakery clean
- Manage team development through training, coaching, and reviewing the teams performance
- Foster and encourage a positive environment that promotes teamwork, mutual respect and high performers
- Help with local community events and donation of bread as part of our ‘End of Day Giving’ program
Why You Were Bread for This
- You have 1+ years’ supervisory experience in a similar role, ideally in the baking, food production, food service or the hospitality industry
- You are a great communicator, problem solver and critical thinker
- You demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills in building camaraderie amongst the team
- You are a capable people manager and leader with proven experience in recruitment and selection, retention, staff development and disciplinary and termination procedures
- You have knowledge of financial management skills, including cash management and banking
- You are experienced in computer task including email, word, excel, and data analysis
- Continuous standing/ walking for all tasks
- Constant use of both hands
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 7.5 kg., reaching below shoulder level, bending and turning
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 22 kg, pushing, pulling, crouching, bending and reaching above shoulder level
Perks & What You’ll Feel Good About
- Managing a small business of high performers in a fun work environment
- The satisfaction of baking from scratch, and pride in seeing the finished product you’ve helped to create
- Our training program – Continue to develop your sales and leadership skills through our Bronze and Silver Sales Development Qualification program and our Gold Leadership Development program.
- Career advancement opportunities – We have a stake in helping passionate team members grow and have more impact in the business and community.
- Complimentary products on us every shift
- And more, including benefits for all full time employees
While we thank you for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
About COBS Bread
With over 130 locations, COBS Bread serves fresh and delightful baked goods to communities across Canada every day. Any unsold items are donated daily to various local charities and food banks. The company’s success can be attributed to the quality of our product, the development of our people, and our warm and friendly customer service.
COBS Bread is part of Bakers Delight – Established in 1980 operating as Bakers Delight in Australia and New Zealand, and since 2003 as COBS Bread in Canada and the USA. Together we have grown to more than 700 bakeries across Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the USA. The entire network employs over 15,000 people, serving more than 2.1 million customers each week.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially