Date Posted: February 20th 2021
Great Place to Work® Certified
Demand for COBS Bread is unprecedented in this time of need, and we are hiring bakers to help serve our community.
Nothing is more important to us than the health and safety of our staff, franchisees, partners and customers.
We are reinforcing our rigorous standards and operating procedures in order to ensure we are providing the most sanitary and safe environment for our staff and customers.
At COBS Bread, we celebrate fresh. That freshness starts with our bakers every morning, as they start their days in an empty bakery. But when they leave—it’s filled with the artisan bread and delicious treats that they created that day.
Many of our bakers say that one of the best parts of their job is the fun they have when they’re at work. They’ve got the music playing while mixing doughs, they’re talking to their peers while pulling artisan bread out of the oven, and at the same time, they’re crafting something wonderful that will be shared in homes all over the community that day.
Thank you for your interest in joining COBS Bread and producing our renowned fresh baked goods with your community.
Why Work at COBS Bread?
Our goal is to provide you with the opportunities you need to achieve your goals. Wherever your career takes you, our wish is that the experience you gain at COBS will always be a part of the recipe that makes you, you.
Through development programs that provide you with opportunities to lead teams, and take charge when it comes to production, marketing, and sales, we’re invested in offering you the ingredients you need to grow in your career.
While you’re here, we’re happy to offer unique benefits that make working at COBS Bread that much sweeter.
As a Baker at COBS Bread, you will:
- Work as part of a small team to bake early each morning, following carefully crafted recipes
- Be responsible for reading production schedules and recipes, measuring and mixing ingredients, moulding and shaping dough, and processing everything through the ovens
- Work alongside your team to keep the bakery clean, and contribute to a great customer experience.
What we’re looking for:
- This is an “overnight” job and shifts start begin as early as 12:00 am.
- A positive attitude and good organizational skills
- People who take pride in a job well done and will look for things to do
- Demonstrated commitment to the bakery’s success, and to your own development
- Continuous standing/walking for all tasks
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 22 kg
- Frequent turning and reaching
- Occasional pushing, pulling and some forward bending
- Ability to lift at least 2.5 kg to a height of 1.7 metres
- Constant use of both hands, with frequent wrist rotation and flexing, occasional forceful gripping
What’s in it for you?
- The satisfaction of baking from scratch, and pride in seeing the finished product you’ve helped to create
- Our training program – robust and ongoing. Continue to develop your baking skills through our Bronze and Silver Bakers Development Qualification program.
- Career advancement opportunities – abound. Where do you see yourself? Your franchisee/manager has a vested interest in helping you craft your career.
- Complimentary products on us every shift
- And more, including benefits for all full time employees.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
While we thank you for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada to be considered for employment.