Date Posted: October 13th 2021
2021 Top 50 Best Workplaces™ in Canada by Great Place to Work®
At COBS Bread, we celebrate fresh. That freshness starts with our bakers every morning, as they start their days in an empty bakery. But when they leave—it’s filled with the artisan bread and delicious treats that they created that day.
Many of our bakers say that one of the best parts of their job is the fun they have when they’re at work. They’ve got the music playing while mixing doughs, they’re talking to their peers while pulling artisan bread out of the oven, and at the same time, they’re crafting something wonderful that will be shared in homes all over the community that day.
We are continuing to grow and are searching for a Bakery Production Manager who is looking for the next challenge in their career to grow with us and be a part of the COBS Bread family – the world’s most successful retail bakery chain.
Thank you for your interest in joining COBS Bread and producing our renowned fresh baked goods with your community.
Why Work at COBS Bread?
Our goal is to provide you with the opportunities you need to achieve your goals. Wherever your career takes you, our wish is that the experience you gain at COBS will always be a part of the recipe that makes you, you.
Through development programs that provide you with opportunities to lead teams, and take charge when it comes to production, marketing, and sales, we’re invested in offering you the ingredients you need to grow in your career.
While you’re here, we’re happy to offer unique benefits that make working at COBS Bread that much sweeter.
As a Bakery Production Team Leader at COBS Bread, you will:
- Lead a small team to bake products from scratch early each morning, following carefully crafted recipes
- Ensuring the highest quality of product is produced at all times and in a timely manner
- Maintain a clean safe work environment
- Order and control inventory
- Train, develop, and lead production staff to maintain COBS Bread standards
What we’re looking for:
- Previous baking and supervisory experience would an asset
- A positive leader and fast learner with a willingness to learn all operations within the bakery.
- A great communicator, problem solver and critical thinker
- Ability to forecast and adjust production level as required
- Ability to work baking shifts, as early as 2 AM and have your own transportation
- Experienced in delivering exceptional customer service
- Continuous standing/ walking for all tasks
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 9 kg., occasional lifting and carrying up to 22 kg
- Frequent turning and reaching
- Constant use of both hands, with frequent wrist rotation and flexing, occasional forceful gripping
- Occasional pushing, pulling and some forward bending
What’s in it for you?
- A fun work environment
- Complimentary products on us every shift
- Career advancement opportunities – abound. Where do you see yourself? Your franchisee/manager has a vested interest in helping you craft your career
- Our training program – robust and ongoing. Continue to develop your leadership skills through our Bronze and Silver Baker Development Qualification
- And more, including benefits for all full time employees
While we thank you for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
About COBS Bread
COBS Bread is part of Bakers Delight – an Australian-owned company established in 1980 operating as Bakers Delight in Australia and New Zealand, and as COBS Bread in Canada and the USA. Together we have grown to more than 700 bakeries across Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the USA. The entire network employs over 15,000 people, serving more than 2.1 million customers each week. All of COBS Bread’s baked goods are made on the same day they are sold, ensuring that everything is fresh and delightful. Any unsold items are donated daily to various local charities and food banks. The company’s success can be attributed to the quality of our product, the development of our people and our warm and friendly customer service.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially