Date Posted: November 9th 2022
Support Services Technician – Hybrid Remote
Reports To: Regional IT Manager
Location: Support Office in Etobicoke, ON
2021 Top 50 Best Workplaces™ in Canada by Great Place to Work®
COBS Bread is looking to recruit a bright, enthusiastic Support Services Technician for our Toronto office who will support our Information Technology team as COBS continues to grow across North America.
The successful candidate will work closely with the remote team in BC to manage the end-to-end life cycle for corporate and bakery based incidents via phone, email and face to face support. As a team player with an excellent phone manner you will quickly resolve customer issues or work with the team to assist customers throughout our network.
The Support Services Technician will:
- Administer seamless technical support to all customers ensuring regular contact and updates for all incidents assigned to them for support
- Provide prompt, educated and courteous support resolving the clients’ first level technical issues, escalating when it is beyond your level of expertise
- Perform troubleshooting of issues related to hardware, operating systems and applications.
- Create and maintain Support Services documentation via an online knowledge base
- Perform other related duties as assigned
What You Bring to the Table
- 1-3 years related experience in providing technical support to users, and working with computer systems, software, and hardware
- Strong customer service skills and communication skills – both verbal and written
- Enjoy working amongst a close knit team to discuss technical matters pertaining to issues, problems, or technical specifications
- Experience with diagnosing, resolving and documenting hardware and software issues on each job/ticket
- Working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, PC hardware, common office applications
- Quick learner who can assimilate new technologies quickly
- Ability to switch gears and move on to unrelated issues with ease
- Strong problem solving experience such as troubleshooting
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines when required while working well under pressure
- Organized, detail-oriented, highly motivated to take initiative and be proactive
- Relevant post secondary diploma in Computing studies or equivalent
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
What’s in it for You
- Competitive salary, company bonus and vacation plan
- Flexible work arrangements with a combination of working in the Toronto Support Office and remotely
- Extended Health & Dental Benefit, Health Spending Account, and Group RRSP
- Subsidized Wellness Program and paid community service/mental health day
- Paid sick and personal leave days
- An open, ‘continuous-learning’ environment where professional development and career progression is encouraged
- Work within a dynamic, driven, high-achieving, close-knit and fun-loving team
- High level of autonomy and responsibility
We thank all applicants for their interest in COBS Bread but would like to advise that only applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
About COBS Bread
With over 150 locations, COBS Bread serves fresh and delightful baked goods to communities across Canada. Any unsold items are donated daily to various local charities and food banks. The company’s success can be attributed to the quality of our product, the development of our people and our warm and friendly customer service.
COBS Bread is part of Bakers Delight – Established in 1980 operating as Bakers Delight in Australia and New Zealand, and since 2003 as COBS Bread in Canada and the USA. Together we have grown to more than 700 bakeries across Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the USA. The entire network employs over 15,000 people, serving more than 2.1 million customers each week.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.