What started out as something served only at the trendiest hot spots, the allure of avocado toast has won over our hearts (and our mouths!), so COBS has created our own unique super-charged twist on – what has now become – a classic brunch favourite!
This simple yet satisfying, five-ingredient recipe, begins with the buttery-texture of the incredibly nutritious ripe avocado. Topped with an irresistible sunny side up egg and crispy, diced pancetta and finished with a squeeze of zesty lime, this meal-on-toast winner will have the whole family wanting more.
Our sandwich sensation rests on a thick slice of COBS Country Grain Loaf which is packed with eight grains and seeds, fibre, and has no preservatives. The soft centre holds the nutty flavour of toasted grains and seeds balancing the flavours of the avocado, egg and pancetta to perfection.
Did you know that avocado is considered a superfood? Packed with healthy fats, fibre and 20 different vitamins and minerals, boasting more potassium than bananas and loaded with powerful antioxidants, this heart-healthy green gem is definitely part of a healthy loafstyle.
At COBS, fresh isn’t just our philosophy. It’s baked into everything we do.
- 2 Tbsp diced pancetta
- 1 egg
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 slice COBS Country Grain Loaf, toasted
- Cracked black pepper to garnish
- In small nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook pancetta, stirring occasionally, until golden and crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, remove to paper towel-lined plate; set aside.
- In same pan over medium high heat, crack egg. Cook until white is set and yolk is runny, about 3 minutes.
- While egg is cooking, in small bowl, combine avocado and lime juice.
- Spoon avocado mixture over one side of bread. Top with egg and sprinkle with pancetta. Sprinkle with black pepper, if desired.