Brunch? Linner? This burger is fantastic for every meal occasion! Using our Brioche or Gourmet Hamburger Bun with ingredients including butter and egg, this breakfast burger satisfies every craving with the creaminess of avocado, bursting charred tomatoes and a delicious fried egg and sausage patty hugged by the bun.
Brunch Burger Ingredients
- 4 Gourmet or Brioche Hamburger Buns
- 4 sausage patties (recipe below)
- Confit tomatoes (recipe below)
- Crispy shallots
- 4 eggs
- 1 avocado, halved and quartered length-wise
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ketchup (optional)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb breakfast style ground sausage (no casing)
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 tsp thyme
- Pinch of red chili flakes
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper
1. Assemble the sausage patties, confit tomatoes, crispy shallots and tomato aioli ahead of time.
2. Pre-heat the BBQ to 375°F.
3. Place the patties on the grill over indirect heat, baste with maple syrup, close the lid and grill for 15 minutes.
4. At the 15-minute mark, baste the sausage patties with maple syrup, close the lid and grill for 10 more minutes or until cooked.
5. Open the lid, crack a large egg into the depression of each of the patties and cook for 10 minutes or until the egg white has set.
6. Toast the Brioche Hamburger Buns for 5 minutes or until slightly browned on the edges. Assemble your burger with the confit tomatoes, crispy shallots, tomato aioli and avocado – enjoy!
1. Chill the meat thoroughly and then combine the sausage and ground beef.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and divide the mixture into 4 equal portions.
3. Form the patties into the same shape and, using your thumb, create a well in the centre of each patty.
1. Preheat the oven to broil on medium. Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil and place the cherry tomatoes on the prepared sheet.
2. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, cheese, sugar and basil. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Cook under the broiler for about 10 minutes or until the tomatoes caramelize and burst. Remove from oven and sprinkle with freshly chopped basil.