In this recipe: Cinnamon Loaf
This cook-off is the bake-off you never thought you needed! It’s just as simple to get out on the grill to make your French Toast as it is indoors! Then, take it up a notch by adding grilled peaches and an insanely good brown butter compote.
This recipe calls for a splash of Bourbon, but you can substitite that with a 1/4 cup of maple syrup with 1/4 tsp of salt.
- 1 COBS Cinnamon Loaf
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- ¼ cup Bourbon OR maple syrup with 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 peaches, cut in half and pitted
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush each half of the inside of the peach with oil and place on grill. Grill for 3 minutes, or until grill marks form. Flip the peach and move to indirect heat side of the BBQ and cook for another 5 minutes. Remove from grill and slice in quarters.
- Prepare the brown sugar bourbon or maple syrup sauce. Heat a sauce pan to medium heat. Add butter, bourbon (or maple syrup and salt), and 2 tbsp of brown sugar. Cook for 6 minutes, or until all ingredients are combined and smooth.
- For the Cinnamon French Toast, beat milk, eggs, remaining brown sugar, and vanilla in a bowl. Take each slice and dip one at a time, flipping to coat on both sides. Let slice sit in mixture for 20 seconds each side to absorb.
- Place each slice on the grill, and cook for 3 minutes per side, or until egg mixture is fully cooked and a crust forms.
- Cut each slice diagonally, and assemble with peaches, and bourbon brown or maple syrup sugar sauce. Serve immediately.