Warm and creamy with delicious depth of flavour, if you are in the mood for something comforting our Garlicky Mushrooms and Hummus with Bread Soldiers is a must-try tonight.
The simple combination of garlic and mushrooms is a classic for good reason. In this recipe, the pair are gently sautéed resulting in irresistible, unami-packed morsels. The mixture is then gently placed on a bed of protein-rich hummus – everyone’s favourite savoury chickpea spread – and finished with colourful lemon zest and a sprinkling of chives.
The twist in this recipe is the way you can enjoy it – by diving right in with Bread Soldiers – making it not only delicious but fun for the whole family! These finger-sized bread sticks are made with our traditional, rustic Turkish Bread, toasted and cut into strips, offering a golden exterior and a light, airy texture.
Cozy, comforting and easy to pull together, this recipe works as a main or side and always entertains a crowd.
- ½ COBS Turkish Bread, sliced into strips and toasted
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pkg (227g) cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, grated or pressed
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 1 pkg (283g) plain or garlic hummus
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- Extra olive oil (to garnish)
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Cook mushrooms, stirring occasionally, until softened and almost no liquid remains, about 6 minutes. Stir in garlic, salt and pepper. Cook until garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute. Set aside to cool.
- Add hummus to serving bowl. Top with mushroom mixture, chives and lemon zest. Drizzle with olive oil to garnish. Serve with COBS Turkish Bread.