Elevate your meal with this Italian-inspired grilled cheese sandwich – stacked with pancetta and just the right amount of gooey mozzarella, topped with balsamic glaze and fresh basil!
- Sourdough Vienna Loaf, sliced
- Olive Oil
- 200 grams Pancetta, cooked
- 75 grams shredded mozzarella cheese
- Balsamic glaze
- Add oil to a pan, and set to medium-low.
- Brush four slices of sourdough bread with olive oil. Place two slices of bread on a board, oiled side down.
- Top the sourdough slices with cooked pancetta and mozzarella and top with remaining bread (oil side out).
- Gently place in pre-heated pan and cook for 3 – 4 minutes, until bread is golden and cheese has started to melt.
- Flip sandwiches and continue to cook for an additional 3 – 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and top with balsamic glaze and fresh basil.