Enjoy some classic Canadian flavours all in one bite! This Maple Salmon Burger is made on a Herb & Garlic Gourmet Hamburger Bun, and is topped with some fresh lettuce, red onion, and cucumber. Are you ready to level up your BBQ?
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 4 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Lime Zest
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 tsp grated Ginger
- 2 x COBS Bread Herb & Garlic Gourmet Hamburger Buns
- 3 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 2 x 5-6oz Wild Salmon Fillets
- 2-4 leaves Organic Butter Lettuce
- 1 Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Seedless Cucumber, thinly shaved/peeled
Combine all ingredients for the marinade in a food container. Add salmon fillets and leave to marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
If you are cooking on a grill follow these instructions:
- Turn grill on high. Brush grills with a bit of oil.
- Once the grill reaches 350F or higher, place the salmon fillets diagonally (45 degree angle) on the grill, skin side up.
- For thick fillets, cook this side for 1.5 minutes, or cook for 1 minute for thinner fillets.
- Rotate the fillets 90 degrees to complete the cross-hatch grill marks, cook for 30-45 seconds.
- Flip salmon fillets (skin side up). Again, diagonally on the grill (45 degree angle), cook for 1 minute for thicker fillets, 45 seconds for thinner fillets.
- Complete the cross-hatch grill marks on this side by rotating the fillets on a 90 degree angle, cook for 30 seconds. Take off the grill presentation side up. Add pinch of salt and pepper to the salmon fillets
If you are cooking in a pan, follow these instructions:
- Add 2 tbsp cooking oil to a non-stick frying pan. Turn on element to med-high heat.
- While the oil is heating up, remove salmon fillets from marinade.
- Once the oil is hot, carefully place the salmon fillets skin side up on the pan using a tong (some oil may splash a bit). Cook this side of the fillet for 2.5 minutes for thick fillets and 2 minutes for thin fillets.
- Flip salmon fillets with tongs to cook the other side. Cook this side for 2 minutes for thick fillets and 1.5 minutes for thin fillets.
- Take fillets off the pan and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Assembling the Burgers
- Toast or grill the hamburger buns to your likeness.
- Spread mayonnaise on both sides of each hamburger bun.
- On the bottom part of the sandwich, add 1-2 leaves of butter lettuce.
- Add cooked salmon fillets with the skin side down.
- Add 2-3 thin onion rings on top of the salmon fillets.
- Add shaved cucumber slices on top of the red onion and completed the burger by adding the top of the bun.