In this recipe: Sourdough Loaf.
- 4 Slices of COBS Bread Sourdough Loaf
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1/2 large Yellow Onion
- 1 stalk of Celery
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup finely grated Grana Padano (or Parmesan), plus more for garnish
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 500mL Marinara Sauce
- 2 tbsp Parsley, finely minced
Cheesy Garlic Sticks
- 6 Slices of COBS Bread Sourdough Loaf
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves of Garlic, finely minced
- 200g Shredded Mozarella
- 2 tbsp Chives (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Toast sourdough slices until bread is dried out. Roughly blend (pulse mode) the toasted sourdough in the blender.
- Finely dice your Celery, Onion and Garlic.
- In a mixing bowl, add and mix all of the ingredients, including the sourdough breadcrumbs, except for the oil.
- Portion out the meatballs by using a tablespoon. Take a spoonful of the mix and make them into balls using your palms.
- Place meatballs onto a parchment lined baking tray, leave space between meatballs to ensure even cooking. Drizzle with oil.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until meatballs start to brown. Take out of the oven and cut 1 meatball in half to make sure that it is fully cooked in the middle.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a food container if you are eating these later. If eating now, follow step 8.
- To serve meatballs heat up marinara sauce in a medium saucepan and add meatballs once it starts to simmer. Mix and cook for 5 minutes, add freshly chopped parsley and grated Grana Padano before serving.