In this recipe: Pizza Bases
We get it. This is your 1800th meal made at home and you just need something quick, easy, and a fan favourite. Cue our par-baked pizza bases, fire roasted tomato and smoked garlic – the ultimate vegetarian pizza. All done on the BBQ. All done in under 20 minutes.
- 2 COBS Pizza Bases
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and sliced in 1cm rounds
- 2 heads garlic
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp corn meal
- 1 cup mozzarella, grated
- 1/2 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp cornmeal
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves (approx. 10 leaves), chopped finely
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Cut the top of one head of garlic ¼ down from the top exposing all the cloves, drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil over the top, and cover the bulb in aluminum foil. Place on the indirect heat side for 3 minutes, or until garlic cloves become soft. Squeeze roast garlic out from casing and set aside.
- Make sure tomatoes are dry, then brush both sides lightly with olive oil, and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place slices right on the grill after applying oil and grill for 30-45 seconds a side, or until they get a nice char. Remove from heat, let cool, and dice in to small squares.
- Take your COBS Pizza Base and spread your tomato sauce across the top evenly. Start assembling by sprinkling both types of cheese evenly on top, Sprinkle both cheeses evenly across the top, roasted garlic, and diced tomatoes.
- Pre-heat grill to highest heat. Place a pizza stone in the centre of the grill and spread corn meal across top of pizza stone. BBQ Tip: the cornmeal will keep the pizza from sticking to the stone. No pizza stone? No problem! Plave the pizza directly on the grill, but adjust your temperature to a low heat.
- Cook pizza for 6-10 minutes, or until cheese melts and base gets a nice crust. Remove from heat when done.
- Sprinkle pizza with fresh basil and slice in to 4 slices per pizza.
Use a commercial-grade pizza stone made from ceramic.