This dish has it all – it’s gorgeous, fresh, savoury and satisfying and like a classic ensemble has a flavour sum that is greater than the individual parts.
Ribbons of crisp green zucchini, dance with savoury, salty prosciutto and dollops of creamy, fresh mozzarella. And like the lightly toasted, hand-crafted Focaccia it’s nestled on, this recipe is inspired by the culture and flavours of Italy – and topped with the classic Italian finishes of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, zippy red pepper flakes and pinches of salt and pepper.
This Prosciutto, Mozzarella and Zucchini-Topped Focaccia recipe is guaranteed to amp-up your lunch-time, impress guests at a dinner party, raise your potluck game or even please your dinner palette. Grab your Focaccia today at your local COBS Bread bakery. Prego and buon appetito!
For more inspiring recipes, check out our Meal Ideas.
- 1 COBS Focaccia
- 1 zucchini
- 6 thin slices prosciutto
- 125g fresh mozzarella, drained and torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- Keeping knife parallel to your working surface, carefully slice the focaccia through the centre to halve.
- Using vegetable peeler, peel zucchini lengthwise to form ribbons.
- Place the two pieces of focaccia, cut-side up, onto serving platter. Top with zucchini, prosciutto and mozzarella.
- In small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Drizzle over focacci
Makes 4-6 servings.