This might be our new favourite way to make eggs & soldiers! Achieve the perfect runny yolk with this Baked Avocado Eggs & Soldiers recipe, and switch up your morning routine to enjoy this delicious breakfast. We have paired the Baked Avocado Eggs with our Sourdough Loaf for an extra burst of flavour with every bite.
- 1 large Haas Avocado (soft to touch but still firm)
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 medium Eggs
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- 1 tsp Chives, finely minced
- 2 slices COBS Bread Sourdough Loaf
- 2 tbsp Butter, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Wash avocado & dry well. Using a sharp knife cut around the long side of the avocado (cutting until you feel the pit). Separate avocado halves by twisting the halves to the opposite directions. Using the heel of the knife gently stab the pit and when knife heel is secure twist clockwise – this will remove the avocado pit.
- Using a spoon, take out about 1 tbsp of avocado flesh around the pit hole, making room for the eggs.* Brush the exposed avocado flesh with lemon juice.
- Place prepared avocado halves to a parchment paper-lined baking tray, or muffin tray (to keep them in place). Crack the eggs into the avocado halves. Season with Salt & Pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until you achieve soft boiled yolks. Take out of the oven and sprinkle with minced chives.
- When the baked eggs are almost done, toast your Sourdough Loaf slices to your liking, then spread butter on top of each and cut the slices into “soldiers”
- Serve while the baked avocado & eggs are warm.
*Keep the avocado flesh taken out from the pit on the side & use for avocado toast or on a sandwich.