BBQ’d Chicken and COBS Waffle
“This dish is a great example of using the bread as the hero of the dish as I replace a traditional waffle and use a nice sweet COBS Bread Brioche Hamburger Bun in its place, making an excellent base for my grilled chicken and maple syrup dish!”
– Chef Matt Dean Pettit
- 4 COBS Brioche Hamburger Buns
- 1L buttermilk
- 1 tbps Canola Oil
- 8 skin on deboned chicken thighs
- 4 Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Paprika, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chipotle seasoning, to taste
- 1/4 cup sriracha hot sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme
- 4 orange slices
- In a large container with a lid, pour in buttermilk and canola oil, and then add chicken thighs, paprika, salt, pepper and chipotle seasoning. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 12-24 hours.
- When ready to cook, pre-heat the BBQ to 375º F (190º C).
- Remove the chicken thighs from the container and shake off. Pat dry. Remove any access sauce before grilling.
- Cook each chicken thigh for approximately 5 minutes per side.
- At the same time, butter the Brioche Hamburger Buns and place on the BBQ to lightly toast.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the sriracha and mayo. Mix well.
- To serve, use a large serving plater or individual plates. Lay down the toasted open-faced COBS bun, spoon over some sriracha mayo on it, topped with a lettuce leaf and two pieces of grilled chicken thighs, and follow with more sriracha mayo drizzle. To finish, drizzle maple syrup and garnish with fresh thyme and orange slice!
- ENJOY MDP!