In this recipe: Traditional Hamburger Bun but it would also work well on your favourite loaf!
- 1 x COBS Bread Traditional Hamburger Bun
- 2 tsp Mayonnaise
- 1 x 60-80g Chicken Breast
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 20g Mixed Greens
- 20g Red Onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 slice of Provolone Cheese
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- Pinch Dried Basil
- Pinch Dried Oregano
- Pinch Dried Thyme
- Thinly slice your red onion. In a small bowl marinate thin onion slices with lemon juice (minimum 15 minutes).
- While the onions are marinating; mix the ingredients for the blackening spice in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- While the oil is heating up, coat your chicken breast with the blackening spice, ensure even coverage.
- Once the oil is hot, add the chicken to the frying pan. Cook the first side for 2 minutes, turn over and cook for another 2 minutes or until cooked through.
- Take pan off heat, add provolone cheese on top of the chicken and set aside.
- Toast hamburger buns.
- Spread 1 tsp of mayonnaise on each toasted hamburger bun slice.
- Add mixed greens on the “heel” or bottom part of the burger.
- Drain the lemon juice out of the onion slices, add a pinch of salt & toss.
- Place the blackened chicken (with the provolone cheese) on top of the mixed greens.
- Add pickled onions and complete each burger by adding the “crown” or top, transfer to serving plate and enjoy.