Take your taste buds on a trip to the East Coast with the best lobster roll recipe. Filled with buttery chilled lobster goodness, our toasted Herb & Garlic Gourmet Hot Dog Bun makes for a totally claw-some recipe.
Chef ‘s Tip #1: Prepare the lobster mixture in a bowl of ice. This will keep the mixture as cold as possible for a refreshing bite.
Chef’s Tip #2: Slice the hot dog buns directly on the top, to allow room for the delicious filling and so that it doesn’t fall out.
What is a traditional lobster roll? A traditional lobster roll uses a delicious hot dog bun that is cut down the centre and toasted with butter. Then, it is filled with fresh lobster meat. For added yumminess, we mix ours with herbs and spices.
Is the lobster in a lobster roll hot or cold? The lobster is chilled and served in a deliciously toasted bun.
What goes well with a lobster roll? Add your favourite chip and an iced lemonade for the perfect summer meal!
- 2 x COBS Bread Herb & Garlic Gourmet Hot Dog Buns
- 12oz Lobster Meat, cooked
- 1 stalk of Celery
- 1 tbsp Chives, finely minced
- 2 tsp Whole Grain Mustard
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 2 tsp Fresh Dill
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- ¾ tsp Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
Making the brown butter:
- In a saucepan on low-medium heat, melt the butter.
- Once the butter starts to simmer and becomes golden brown turn off the heat. The butter will continue to cook very slowly and smell nutty.
- Once cooled down it is ready to use.
For the lobster roll:
- Add 1 cup of ice into a large mixing bowl and sit another medium mixing bowl inside. This will keep the lobster mix cold as you prepare it.
- Finely dice celery, chives, and dill.
- In your medium-sized bowl combine lobster, with celery, chives, dill, mustard, lemon juice, lemon zest, brown butter, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- In a frying pan or on a BBQ on low-medium heat, lightly butter and toast the top and bottom of the buns until golden brown.
- Slice the COBS Bread Herb & Garlic Gourmet Hot Dog Buns and fill with lobster roll mix, serve and enjoy.