Brown Butter Lobster Roll
Take your taste buds on a trip to the East Coast with this Brown Butter Lobster Roll. Its brown buttery goodness, enveloped in a warm, toasty Herb & Garlic Gourmet Hot Dog Bun, makes it totally claw-some.
Chef ‘s Tip #1: Prepare the lobster mixture in a bowl of ice. This will keep the mixture as cold as possible for a refreshing bite.
Chef’s Tip #2: Slice the hot dog buns directly on the top, to allow room for the delicious filling and so that it doesn’t fall out.
- 2 x COBS Bread Herb & Garlic Gourmet Hot Dog Buns
- 12oz Lobster Meat, cooked
- 1 stalk of Celery
- 1 tbsp Chives, finely minced
- 2 tsp Whole Grain Mustard
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 2 tsp Fresh Dill
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- ¾ tsp Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
Making the brown butter:
- In a saucepan on low-medium heat, melt the butter.
- Once the butter starts to simmer and becomes golden brown turn off the heat. The butter will continue to cook very slowly and smell nutty.
- Once cooled down it is ready to use.
For the lobster roll:
- Add 1 cup of ice into a large mixing bowl and sit another medium mixing bowl inside. This will keep the lobster mix cold as you prepare it.
- Finely dice celery, chives, and dill.
- In your medium-sized bowl combine lobster, with celery, chives, dill, mustard, lemon juice, lemon zest, brown butter, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- In a frying pan or on a BBQ on low-medium heat, lightly butter and toast the top and bottom of the buns until golden brown.
- Slice the COBS Bread Herb & Garlic Gourmet Hot Dog Buns and fill with lobster roll mix, serve and enjoy.