Hello pumpkin! Fall brings one of our favourite scones with it, the Pumpkin Scone. We think we’ve dreamt up the best dessert. Our recipe for a Caramelized Banana Pumpkin Split features Pumpkin Scones, caramelized bananas, ice cream, raspberries and a decadent caramel drizzle. It is the PERFECT fall dessert!
- 2 x COBS Bread Pumpkin Scones, un-iced
- 2 Bananas
- 4 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 4 scoops Vanilla Ice Cream
- 4 tbsp Caramel Sauce
- Cut your bananas in half, lengthwise.
- Tear each Pumpkin Scone into 3 pieces.
If you’re using a cullinary blowtorch:
- Put the bananas on a baking pan, and sprinkle the cut side with brown sugar.
- Using the cullinary blowtorch, melt & caramelize the sugar. Set bananas aside.
If you’re using a frying pan
- Add butter to a non-stick frying pan and turn element to medium heat.
- When the butter has melted, sprinkle the base with 1/2 the brown sugar & add bananas on top. Cook this side for 1 1/2 minutes, flip and sprinkle the other side with the rest of the sugar. Cook this side for 1 minute. Take off the heat and set aside.
Assembling the Caramelized Banana Pumpkin Split
- Optional: in the same pan you cooked the bananas, add your Pumpkin Scone pieces and heat for 1-2 minutes.
- On a dessert plate, assemble the banana split by placing the banana slices next to each other.
- Add the Pumpkin Scone pieces on top.
- Add 2 scoops of ice cream in between the Pumpkin Scones and top with raspberries.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce and enjoy!