This Double Bacon Cheeseburger on our Gourmet Hamburger Bun has only the best parts of a burger. 2 patties, loads of cheese, a delicious burger sauce, and of course bacon. It is super simple to make, and that makes us love this burger even more because it means we get to eat it sooner!
- 2 x COBS Bread Gourmet Hamburger Buns
- 4 Hamburger Patties (of your choice)
- 4 Cheese Slices (of your choice)
- 2 tbsp Ketchup
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 4 Bacon Strips
- 2 Pickles
- Preheat bbq (or frying pan) to high.
- In a small bowl thoroughly mix the mayonnaise and ketchup, set aside.
- Once the grill is hot and ready, place the burger patties on the grill, cook for 2.5 minutes, turn 90 degrees clockwise and cook for another 1 minute. Flip burgers and cook for 2 minutes, turn 90 degrees clockwise and cook for another 1 minute.
- At the same time, add your bacon to the grill & cook for 3 minutes on one side, flip & cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add cheese slices on top of each patty. Snap each piece of cooked crispy bacon into 2 and place them on top of each cheese slice. Cover the grill and let the cheese melt (approx. 1 minute).
- Lightly toast the hamburger buns.
- Spread 1 tbsp of the burger sauce to each side of the buns.
- Assemble the burger and add a piece of pickle on top (optional).
- Complete each burger by adding the top part of the burger and enjoy.