- 2 cups COBS Bread Chia Whole Wheat or Chia White Loaf, crusts removed and torn into rough 5cm pieces
- ½ cup olive oil plus 2 Tbsp for initial cooking
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley roughly chopped
- 2 x 400g tin of tomatoes
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup parmesan, grated, to serve
Heat the olive oil in a large pot. Cook the onion, garlic and celery with a pinch of salt and stir until soft. Add the tomatoes and parsley and cook for a few minutes.
Add the kale and stock and stir to combine. Cover the pot and cook over low heat until greens are wilted. Bring it to a simmer, then add the bread and 1/2 cup of olive oil, and stir to combine.
Cover the pot and reduce the heat to low. Cook for half an hour. Keep checking to see the stock isn’t running low and add water if necessary.
To serve, top with freshly grated parmesan and ground pepper.