Garlic Cheddar and Green Onion Pull Apart Loaf
In this recipe: Garlic Cheddar Sourdough Vienna
- Garlic Cheddar Sourdough Vienna
- 150g Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Green Onion stems, minced
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- On a cutting board, position the Garlic Cheddar Sourdough Vienna horizontally. Using a bread knife, make 1 inch thick 45 degree angle cuts along the length of the bread taking note not to cut all the way down the bread, leaving about 1/4 inch of bread on the bottom (this will hold the bread’s shape in place).
- Rotate the Vienna and make the same 1 inch thick 45 degree angle cuts on the bread, creating cross cuts along the length of the bread. Again taking note not to cut all the way of the bread leaving about ¼ inch of bread on the bottom.
- Slightly fan out the bread by bending it upwards from the bottom crust.
- Add shredded cheddar cheese and green onions in the cross cuts of the bread.
- Wrap your stuffed Vienna in foil so that it is completely covered. Place in the oven for 25 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- You can uncover the top of the loaf and turn your oven on to broil if you want to get some caramelization on the cheese.
- Carefully take the sourdough pull apart out of the oven. Transfer onto a serving plate and serve hot.