- 4 COBS Bread Gourmet Hot Dog Buns
- 4 large ballpark-style, all beef hot dogs
- 2 cups of chili like this Napoleon Ghost Pepper Chili
- 8 slices of deli style Havarti cheese
- 1½ cups of shredded gouda
- ¼ cup of garlic butter
- 4 thick bamboo skewers, soaked for at least 10 minutes
- Preheat the grill to medium, about 350°F.
- Because you want a thicker chili for this recipe, I would suggest straining the chili you are using through a fine sieve to get out as much of the liquid as possible. Then pour the strained chili into a saucepan, and heat it through.
- Take the soaked skewers and carefully thread them up the center of each hot dog. Using a sharp knife, start at one end of the dog and carefully cut through the hot dog until the knife hits the skewer. Cut on a diagonal all the way down the hot dog spinning the skewer in your other hand until you reach the other tip of the hot dog. You can grill the dog on the skewer or take the hot dog off the skewer this part is up to your preference. Just remember to remove the skewer before eating.
- Grill the hot dogs over direct heat for about 5 to 7 minutes, or until nicely charred outside and heated through inside.
While the dogs are grilling, brush your buns with garlic butter and grill them until crispy, golden, and warm. About 1 minute over direct heat.
- Assemble by placing the sliced cheese inside the buns, followed by the dog. Top that with the hot chili and sprinkle with even more cheese. Eat these with veggies and dip, and maybe a handful of wet-wipes too.