In this recipe: Apple Cinnamon Hot Cross Bun
- 6 x COBS Bread Apple Cinnamon Hot Cross Buns, cut horizontally
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Zest
- 4 tbsp Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 100g Butter, cubed
- 2 tbsp Icing Sugar, for dusting
- 1 Apple, sliced thinly
- Whipping Cream (optional)
- Fresh Mint (optional)
- Slice your hot cross buns horizontally.
- With a fork whisk eggs, vanilla extract, lemon juice, lemon zest, milk and condensed milk in a mixing bowl.
- Add a few of the butter cubes in a non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat.
- While the pan is heating up, dip cut hot cross buns (cut-side down) into the French toast mix.
- When the butter has melted and slightly browned, add the dipped hot cross buns cut-side to the pan. Cook for 30-45 secs or until French toast has nice golden colour, flip and cook for another 15-20 seconds.
- Carefully take out the French toast from the pan and transfer to serving plate(s).
- Garnish with apple slices, whipped cream and any other toppings.
- Dust with confectioner’s sugar, enjoy!