To elevate your hot cross bun experience, slice toasted Traditional Fruit Hot Cross Buns in half and spread this delicious ricotta and raspberry mixture for a delicious breakfast or afternoon snack with your favourite tea.
- 6-pack Traditional Fruit Hot Cross Buns
- 1/3 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Raspberries, mashed
- Mix all the ingredients, except raspberries, until completely blended.
- In a small bowl, macerate the raspberries with the back of a fork.
- When ready to serve, slice hot cross buns in half length-wise, and toast in an oven under broil.
- Spread ricotta mixture on the bottom half of the hot cross buns.
- Top with raspberries and the top of the hot cross bun. Enjoy!