In this recipe – Double Chocolate Scones
The recipe takes 15 minutes to prepare, and needs 6-8 hours in the freezer.
- 4 x COBS Bread Double Chocolate Scones
- 2L Vanilla Ice Cream
- 50g Chocolate Chips
- Let your vanilla ice cream sit out on the bench for 30 minutes to soften, then transfer the ice cream to a big mixing bowl.
- Using a potato masher or large spoon, stir the ice cream for 3-5 minutes or until it is soft and creamy.
- Roughly chop your Double Chocolate Scones and chocolate chips.
- Add chopped chocolate scone and chopped chocolate chips into the ice cream mix. Mix well.
- Line a cake mould or any container with some parchment paper so you will be able to lift/wiggle it out.
- Place the ice cream mixture to your chosen container.
- Place in the freezer for 6-8 hours, or until completely frozen
- To take the cake out of the container/cake mould, let your cake sit on the bench for 10 minutes and run a knife along the edge to loosen the cake. Flip the cake onto a cutting board or plate and remove the parchment paper.
- Decorate the ice cream cake with some more scones, chocolate chips or anything else you would like to top it with and enjoy!