Italian-Inspired Skewers Recipe
- 1 COBS Turkish Bread, cut into bite-size squares and toasted
- 1 small cantaloupe, scooped into balls
- 1 small honeydew, scooped into balls
- 1 small seedless watermelon, scooped into balls
- 20 fresh mozzarella balls
- 5 thin slices of ham or prosciutto, cut in half
- 5 thin slices of salami, cut in half
- Small wooden skewers
- Basil leaves
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, stems removed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- Pinch of salt & pepper
Make the basil vinaigrette by blitzing all ingredients together in a blender. Transfer to a ramekin.
Thread an assortment of the ingredients on to the skewers – toasted bread squares, melon balls, basil, mozzarella, ham, salami, etc.
Arrange skewers on a platter and drizzle with some of the basil vinaigrette. Serve the rest on the side with a small spoon.
Easy and delicious! This fun take on Italian Ingredients, combined with our stone-baked Turkish Bread makes easy appetizers for both children and adults.