Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken Sandwich
Take your chicken thighs up a notch with a zesty lemon pepper kick! Then smother that juicy chicken with a tangy purple slaw, nestled together in a COBS Bread Herb & Garlic Gourmet Hamburger Bun. Once your hands get on this sandwich, it won’t last long.
Chef Tip: Marinate the chicken thighs in the fridge the night before for the best results.
Lemon Pepper Chicken
- 4 x 3 oz Chicken Thighs, boneless and skinless
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Lemon Zest
- 3 tsp freshly cracked Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- ½ Purple Cabbage, shredded
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Whole Grain Dijon
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¾ tsp Kosher Salt, to taste
- ½ tsp Freshly Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
- 4 x COBS Herb & Garlic Hamburger Buns
- 2 tbsp unsalted Butter
- 8 strips Bacon
For the Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken Thighs:
- In a mixing bowl combine lemon juice, lemon zest, freshly cracked black pepper, honey, salt, pepper and mix well.
- Add chicken thighs to the marinade and coat well. Cover with saran wrap and marinate for up to one hour outside of the fridge.
- Preheat BBQ to medium heat. Oil the part of the grill where the chicken will be placed.
- Using tongs, pick up the chicken thighs individually and allow the residual marinade to drip off before placing them on the grill.
- Grill for approximately 25-30 minutes, flipping once or as necessary to ensure golden brown colour on both sides.
- Remove from the grill when an internal temperature of 165°F is reached.
For the Purple Coleslaw:
- In another mixing bowl, combine purple coleslaw, mayonnaise, Dijon, apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Mix well and set aside.
For the Sandwich:
- In a frying pan, lay down bacon and turn heat up to medium. This will slowly render the fat out of the bacon.
- Once golden brown on one side, flip and sear until desired doneness, remove to a dish lined with paper towel to remove excess grease.
- Lightly butter and toast COBS Herb & Garlic Hamburger Buns while the chicken is resting.
- Place bacon on the bottom bun followed by chicken thigh and coleslaw.
- Top with bun and serve.