Open Falafel Sandwich
This is the perfect summer lunch – healthy, easy, and fresh! We’ve taken inspiriation from Greek Salad’s and then used our Sourdough Loaf for a delicious base, pullig it all together. Or if you prefer a different bread, choose your Family Fave!
Order your Sourdough Loaf on Click & Collect to get startedOrder Now
- 4 slices COBS Bread Sourdough Loaf
- 12 Falafels
- 8 tbsp Tzatziki
- A few leaves of Lettuce
- 1 medium Tomato
- ½ small Red Onion
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1/3 Cucumber
- 2 tbsp Kalamata Olives, optional
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Red or White Wine Vinegar
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- Pinch of Dried Oregano
- 4 tbsp Feta, crumbled
- Cook the falafel per package directions.
- Prepare the Greek salad – dice tomato, cucumber and green bell pepper, and add to a medium-sized bowl.
- If you are adding olives, dice and add to the bowl.
- Add olive oil and vinegar, then toss.
- Season the salad with salt, pepper, and oregano to taste.
- Thinly slice the red onion.
- Toast Sourdough slices.
- To assemble the sandwiches, add lettuce leaves to each piece of toast, then top with falafel, Greek salad, and red onion.
- Spoon on the tzatziki and top with crumbled feta.