In this recipe: Double Chocolate Scone
- 1 COBS Bread Double Chocolate Scone
- 6 Large Egg Whites
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Lime Juice
- 340g White Sugar
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Lime Zest (for topping)
- 100g Blueberries
- 100g Strawberries
- 250ml Whipping Cream
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- Using a spoon remove the Double Chocolate Scone icing. Cut the scone horizontally with a bread knife. Place in an oven safe container (or on a tray) and place in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes or until dry and crumbly. When fully cooled, use a fork to crumble the scone, set aside.
- While the scone is baking, prepare your meringue. In a deep mixing bowl and using a hand blender bring the egg whites, vanilla extract, lime juice, cornstarch, half the sugar to soft peaks
- Add the rest of the sugar and mix until the meringue forms stiff peaks.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet pan, place spoonfuls of meringue in a circle formation to create the wreath. Place in the oven and bake for 1 and a half hours.
- Take out of the oven and carefully transfer the pavlova to a serving plate (use the parchment paper as a means to move the pavlova, careful not to move the pavlova too much to prevent cracking). Let it cool for 15-20 minutes at room temperature
- When the pavlova wreath has completely cooled down, prepare your whipped cream – mix whipping cream in a deep mixing bowl with a hand blender. Mix until you achieve hard peaks.
- Using a rubber spatula spread the whipped cream on top of the pavlova wreath evenly. Top with the strawberry slices and blueberries. Sprinkle with chocolate scone crumbles and serve.