Grilled Peach, Brie, Ontario Cheddar & Honey Sandwich
Time to show off the sweet side of grilling with caramelized peaches covered in delicious brie and Ontario cheddar, finished with a drizzle of local Canadian honey. The piece de resistance? Placing all that mouth watering flavour between the freshly baked goodness of a COBS Bread Gourmet Hot Dog Bun for the perfect taste of summer.
Chef Tip: Add lemon zest to the finished dish to elevate flavour.
- 4x COBS Gourmet Hot Dog Buns
- 4 ripe Peaches
- 8oz Brie
- 1 cup Aged Ontario Cheddar, shredded
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 3 sprigs of Thyme
- 4 tsp Grapeseed Oil
- ½ cup Basil Leaves, packed
- 1 ½ tsp Kosher Salt, to taste
- 1 tsp Freshly Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
- Preheat BBQ to high heat and oil the area where the peaches will be cooked.
- Slice the peaches into 1/3” slices avoiding the seed.
- Pull brie into 1” pieces by hand and tear basil leaves into a few pieces. Place aside.
- Oil and season peach slices with salt and pepper and grill until golden brown on both sides, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Remove peach slices and turn BBQ to the lowest temperature and close lid.
- Take the COBS Gourmet Hot Dog Buns and evenly place cheddar on the bottom.
- Add thyme leaves, discarding the stems, to the cheddar.
- On top of the cheddar, place peaches, cover with brie, basil leaves and drizzle with honey.
- Place the sandwich on a baking tray and place it in the BBQ, gently toasting for approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Remove and serve warm.