Pesto Mushroom Melt on Cape Seed Loaf
- 2 Slices of Cape Seed Loaf
- 175 grams fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 80 grams of white cheddar cheese
- 1.5 - 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 Tbsp basil pesto sauce
- 1 Tbsp hot water
- fresh basil
- In a small cup or container mix hot water and basil pesto sauce.
- In a bowl mix sliced mushrooms and olive oil.
- Pan fry mushrooms until tender
- Mix cooked mushrooms with pesto sauce.
- Spread pesto mushroom mixture onto Cape Seed slices
- Top each slice with white cheddar cheese
- Toast in a toaster oven for 3 – 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Top with a spring of fresh basil