With the mornings feeling cooler, we think it’s time to cozy up with this delicious Pumpkin French Toast. Made with pumpkin spice and pumpkin puree, our Higher Fibre Loaf soaks all of that goodness up for a light and fall flavoured breakfast!
Hot tip: a thick sliced Higher Fibre Loaf is the way to go.
Order your Higher Fibre Loaf on Click & Collect to get startedOrder Now
- 6 slices COBS Bread Higher Fibre Loaf, thick sliced
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tbsp Butter, for cooking
- In a shallow dish, whisk eggs, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice until light & fluffy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients – milk, pumpkin puree, and vanilla – whisking until fully combined.
- Soak 1 slice of bread at a time, letting it soak for 30 seconds each side.
- Let these drip off any excess mixture, before cooking, by laying them on top of a cooling rack.
- Add butter to a pre-heated frying pan over medium heat. Once melted add 1-2 slices of bread to the pan (depending on how many fit comfortably).
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden. Repeat with the other slices and serve with maple syrup or other toppings.