In this recipe: Sourdough Loaf
For all the fish lovers out there: transform your average salmon dinner to an easy salmon sandwich with delicious salmon fillet cooked perfectly on the BBQ, and a lemon chili caper aioli you’ll want to put on everything.
- COBS Sourdough Loaf
- 4 salmon fillet, skin on
- 1 tbsp of kosher salt
- 1 tbsp of course ground pepper
- 1 tbsp of raw sugar
- ½ tbsp of garlic powder
- ½ tbsp of paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 Green leaf lettuce
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced thick
- 1 cup mayo
- ½ lemon, juiced and zested
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tbsp capers, rinsed
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- Make lemon aioli by combining all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Do this ahead of time and store in fridge; the longer it sits the better!
- Combine salt, pepper, sugar, garlic powder, paprika, and onion powder in a bowl. Season salmon filet with seasoning mix (on the side without skin) 15 minutes before grilling.
- Pre-heat one side of grill to high heat. Place salmon on cold, indirect heated side. Grill for 15 minutes, or until salmon reaches 145F. Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes. Remove skin.
- Toast Sourdough Loaf slices for 2-3 minutes, or until slight grill marks appear.
- Assemble clubhouse with by spreading 1-2 tbsp of lemon garlic aioli on each slice. Then, add lettuce, tomatoes, salmon fillet. Close sandwich and serve immediately.