This is a fun sandwich to make and a beautiful sandwich to look at with all the colourful vegetables.
- 2 slices Chia Whole Wheat
- Cream cheese
- 1 slice Mozzarella cheese (Optional)
- Alfalfa Sprouts
- Radish or Red Onion
- Shredded Carrots or Yellow Pepper
- Black Pepper
After slicing your veggies, simple spread cream cheese on a slice of Chia Whole Wheat loaf and layer with veggies, black pepper for seasoning and a slice of cheese (optional).
- Experiment with different vegetables! All vegetables have different nutrients, which is why it is important to include a variety of them in your diet. Try to include as many colors of the rainbow as you can. Some ideas include tomatoes, red bell peppers, carrots, yellow bell peppers, spinach, arugula, cucumbers, avocado, purple cabbage, and more!
- Although this bread is high in protein, try to include another protein source in the sandwich as well. Healthy choices include homemade lean meats (chicken breast, turkey), fish (smoked or grilled salmon), or vegetarian options such as eggs, cheese, or beans.
- Trying to get your kids to try this colorful sandwich? Get them involved in food prep! Kids, especially picky eaters, are more likely to eat food that they make themselves. Try the “Rainbow Challenge” at home – see if they can recreate the colors of the rainbow in their sandwich!