If you’re a fan of the show Friends, then you probably know about Ross’s leftover Thanksgiving sandwich. And it’s secret ingredient: the moist maker!
This recipe is our take on the ULTIMATE Leftover Thanksgiving sandwich. Featuring all the fixings from the day before: mashed potatoes, stuffing, turkey, cranberry sauce, and an extra slice of gravy-soaked Country Grain Loaf to tie it all together.
It’s a mouthful, but worth every bite! You can tailor the toppings to anything left from your dinner too.
- 3 slices COBS Bread Country Grain Loaf, thick slice
- 2-3 slices Leftover Turkey
- 2 tbsp Cranberry Sauce
- 4 tbsp Gravy
- 2 tbsp Water
- 2 tbsp Mashed Potatoes
- 2 tbsp Stuffing
- Handful of Spinach
- Toast bread slices.
- In a non-stick frying pan mix mashed potatoes and stuffing and turn element on high heat. Heat up for 1 minute stirring every so often, set aside. OR add mashed potatoes and stuffing to a microwave-safe bowl, and heat on high for 1 minute.
- Using the same pan, mix gravy and water and let simmer for 2 minutes, set aside.
- Assembly time! Using a spoon spread 1 tbsp of mayonnaise on each 2 toasted bread slices.
- Add spinach to one slice of bread, then top with with the mashed potato & stuffing mix.
- On the other slice of bread, add turkey slices and top with cranberry sauce.
- With your third slice, the “moist maker”, either dip each side of the bread in gravy or spread 3 tbsp of the gravy on the bread.
- Now build your sandwich like so: the toasted slice that contains the mashed potatoes/stuffing mix goes on the bottom, add the gravy-soaked slice in the middle, and complete the double-decker sandwich by adding the toast piece with the turkey and cranberry on top.