- 8-12 COBS Continental Long Rolls
- 3.5 lbs. pork shoulder blade roast
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 onions, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small head of red cabbage, thinly sliced and chopped (approx. 4 cups)
- 3 Carrots (grated)
- 1 Granny Smith Apple (grated)
- Handful of freshly chopped green onions
- ¾-1 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Milk, more as needed
- 2 Tbsp White sugar
- 2 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Apple cider vinegar
Season pork with salt and pepper. Heat oil over medium-high heat in a Dutch oven; brown pork all over. Transfer pork to a slow cooker. Add onions, garlic, chili powder, coriander and bay leaves to Dutch oven; cook, stirring often, until onions are softened, about 5 minutes.
Add tomato paste; cook, stirring about 2 minutes. Add tomato sauce, sugar, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce, scraping up any browned bits. Pour into slow cooker. Cook on low until pork is tender, 8 to 10 hours.
Transfer pork to cutting board; let stand for 10 minutes. With 2 forks, shred or “pull” pork. Meanwhile, pour liquid from slow cooker into large saucepan; discard the surface fat. Bring to boil over high heat; boil vigorously until reduced to 3 cups, 10 to 12 minutes. Discard bay leaves. Add pork; stir to coat and warm through. Sprinkle with green onions.
Combine all ingredients in a bowl; stir well. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 4 hours.