Move over smashed avocado because we have a new obsession: smashed chickpeas! These sandwiches are perfect for the whole family to enjoy, and are a great, healthy, nutritious lunch option. Made on our Family Fave Cape Seed Loaf, full of texture and a delicious nutty flavour.
- 2 x COBS Bread Cape Seed Loaf slices
- 1/2 cup Chickpeas, drained
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise or Vegan Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Pinch of Cumin
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- Mixed Greens
- Sprouts or Pea Shoots
- Radishes, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl smash chickpeas, mayo, lemon juice, cumin, salt & pepper. Mix until combined.
- Toast Cape Seed Loaf slices (optional).
- Spread mayonnaise to each of the slices, and top with mixed greens.
- Add the smashed chickpeas, and top with sprouts and radishes.
- Complete the sandwich by adding the top part and enjoy.