Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict
In this recipe: Cape Seed Loaf
We have also created a guide for you to nail that pesky (but oh so delicious) Hollandaise sauce. Get all of our tips and tricks here.
- 1 x COBS Bread Cape Seed Loaf Slice
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Avocado
- 100g Smoked Salmon
- 1 tsp Chives
- 1L Water
- 4 tbsp White Vinegar
- In a pot add water and white vinegar, bring to rolling boil.
- Once the water boils, use a ladle (spoon or whisk will also work) to create a gentle whirlpool by stirring the water clock wise (this will prevent the egg from sticking to the bottom).
- Slowly drop the eggs, one at a time to the water bath while continuing to stir gently maintaining the whirlpool. Cook for 2 ½ minutes. Scoop the poached egg out of the water bath and place on top of a plate lined with a linen (this will drain the poached egg properly).
- Toast Cape Seed Loaf slices, cut in half.
- Top each toasted piece with smoked salmon slices.
- Top each toasted piece with avocado slices. Create a little flat surface on top so the poached eggs sits on top without falling off.
- Use a spoon to carefully scoop the poached eggs to top the toast.
- Using a spoon top each poached egg with prepared Hollandaise sauce.
- Sprinkle with finely minced chives and enjoy!