Vegetarian Chickpea Burger
Vegetarian Chickpea Burgers
- 4 Ciabatta Rolls
- 4 Chickpea patties (recipe below)
- Carrots, sliced thinly
- Pickled beets, thinly sliced
- Kale, shredded
- BBQ sauce (or desired condiment such as ketchup, hummus or mayonnaise
- 2 cups chickpeas, cooked
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 carrot, grated
- ½ onion, chopped½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- ¼ cup flour
- Salt and pepper
1. Assemble the chickpea patties ahead of time.
2. Pre-heat the BBQ to 375°F. Place the patties on the grill over indirect heat, close the lid and grill for 10 minutes or until slightly browned.
3. Assemble your burger on the Ciabatta Rolls and add carrots, pickled beets, kale and top with BBQ sauce – enjoy!
Chickpea Patty Instructions
1. Mash the chickpeas using a potato masher or large fork.
2. In a separate bowl, mash the celery, carrot and onion and add the garlic powder, paprika salt and pepper and mix until combined.
3. Combine the egg, chickpea and vegetable mash.