This modern take on the traditional afternoon tea sandwich combines a medley of fresh flavours nestled between slices of our Family Fave Higher Fibre Loaf.
*Pro tip: Save the crusts for croutons or your Easter dinner stuffing!
Order your Higher Fibre Loaf on Click & Collect to get startedOrder Now
- 1 cup packed, torn Kale Leaves, stems removed
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/3 cup Pistachios, roasted & shelled
- 1 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 3/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Zest, grated
- 2 tbsp Basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- COBS Bread Higher Fibre Loaf
- 1/2 cup Kale Pesto
- 1 cup Ricotta, whole milk
- Black Pepper, freshly ground
- Combine all ingredients, except olive oil, in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Slowly drizzle extra-virgin olive oil.
- Take 4 slices of Higher Fibre Loaf, and cut the crusts off.
- Make the kale pesto, instructions above.
- Using a mixer with the whisk attachment, whisk ricotta for 2 minutes or until smooth. You can use either a stand or hand mixer.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of pesto on each bottom slice of bread.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of whipped ricotta on each slice of bread and add a pinch of black pepper.
- Using a sharp knife, cut your sandwich into logs. You can get 4 logs from each sandwich.