Beer-braised sausage, veggies, and your favourite mustard gives this backyard treat something special. Add the richest, most full-flavoured Gourmet Hot Dog Bun you’ve sank your teeth in and you get a simple crowd pleaser for all your backyard BBQ’s.
- 4 COBS Gourmet Hot Dog Buns, toasted
- 1 medium onion, sliced in ½ cm rings
- ½ red bell pepper, seeded
- ½ a green bell pepper, seeded
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar
- 4 long Bratwurst sausages
- 2 cans beer, pale ale preferred
- 4 tbsp mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Season peppers and onion with salt and pepper, and brush lightly with olive oil
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Place vegetables on grill and baste with the red wine vinegar every two minutes for approximately 8 minutes, once edges blacken.
- Remove from grill and let cool. Slice peppers to match onion width.
- Place sausages and grilled vegetables in tin foil. Make tin foil in to a pouch, and pour 1 can of beer in to it and secure it without any gaps.
- Grill for 15-20 minutes until sausages are cooked through.
- Once sausages are fully cooked, remove them from tin foil and place directly on grill until casing crisps up slightly.
- Place sausages, veggies and mustard on toasted Gourmet Hot Dog Bun. Enjoy!