Herb & Garlic Gourmet Hamburger Bun hugs a scrumptious turkey burger smothered in roasted red pepper & basil compote, and lemon garlic aioli.
- 4 COBS Herb & Garlic Gourmet Hamburger Buns
- 1 ½ lbs ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 4 slices white cheddar
- 2/3 cup spinach
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 strips bacon
- 2 tbsp of kosher salt
- 2 tbsp of course ground pepper
- 1.5 tbsp raw sugar
- 1tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground red chili flakes (this can be adjusted for less or more heat)
Lemon Garlic Aioli, and Roasted Red Pepper & Basil Compote
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 cloves garlic, finely minced
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp lemon zest
- ½ medium yellow onion, diced finely
- 2 cups diced roasted red peppers
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp basil, chopped
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- Mix turkey, egg, panko breadcrumbs, and mayo together in a bowl. Form into 4 equal patties. Try to keep ½ inch wider than your bun. Season both sides of your patty with your burger seasoning liberally.
- Heat your grill up to a medium heat.
- Cook patty until an internal temperature of 165º. Add cheese as patty is almost done.
- While patties are cooking, cook your bacon to preferred crispiness.
- After patties have been removed, place split buns face down on the grill to toast.
- To construct your burger, start with the bottom bun. Top your bottom bun with your patty, onion, bacon, and spinach. Add your preferred condiments to the top of the bun and combine your burger together
Want to make this recipe next-level? Skip your preferred condiments and follow the recipe for a delicious roasted red pepper compote and a lemon garlic aioli.
Burger Seasoning Instructions
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine.
Lemon Garlic Aioli Instruction
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine. Let sit in fridge minimum one hour.
Roasted Red Pepper & Basil Compote Instructions
- Add 1 tbsp butter. Cook onion, and roasted red pepper in a pan on medium high heat for 5 minutes. Cook until onions become translucent.
- Add vinegar and hot sauce. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining butter and sugar. Cook until the sauce darkens and thickens. Cook for 5 minutes or until compote looks like a jam texture.
- Remove from heat and mix in fresh basil.