In this recipe: Apricot Delight Log
The weekend is fast approaching. You planned a brunch but don’t have any inspired ideas for what to serve. Not to worry, COBS Bread has you covered with an exquisite, sinfully sweet, grown-up take on the crowd-pleasing brunch classic – French Toast.
Bread is naturally at the heart of this Pomegranate and Chocolate Apricot Delight French Toast recipe – specifically our Apricot Delight Log. This signature bread is bursting with juicy apricots, plump raisins and currants and boastfully includes more fruit than flour.
Each delicious slice is dunked in a mouth-watering bath of eggs, milk, vanilla, ground ginger and nutmeg before being cooked to a golden brown.
The fruity French Toast is then transferred to your favorite serving platter, drizzled with melted dark chocolate and topped with coconut chips and fresh pomegranate seeds – making this elevated recipe a feast for both the eyes and the stomach.
Wow your family and guests this weekend. Pick up an Apricot Delight Log at your local COBS Bread bakery to get started.
- 8 slices COBS Apricot Delight Log
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- Pinch nutmeg
- 2 tbsp butter
- 50 g dark chocolate, melted
- ¼ cup coconut chips
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- In large shallow bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, ginger and nutmeg; set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet, melt half of the butter over medium heat. Dip each slice of bread in egg mixture until well-soaked on both sides. Let excess drip off and place into pan.
- In batches, cook bread until golden, adding butter as pan dries out, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer bread to serving platter. Drizzle with melted chocolate and top with coconut chips and pomegranate.