- 2 slices of COBS Bread Country Grain Loaf
- 120g Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 pint raspberries, plus extra to serve
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil icing sugar, to serve Maple syrup, to serve
- Divide the ricotta cheese between each slice of bread and spread evenly. Place raspberries on one slice of bread.
- Close the sandwich with the other slice of bread. Place beaten egg and milk in a shallow bowl or plate with high sides. Dip the entire sandwich in the egg milk mixture and let it soak for about a minute. Flip the sandwich over to coat the other side with egg.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium low heat. Cook the sandwiches slowly on one side for about five minutes until egg is golden brown and set. Turn and cook the other side.
- Remove French toast sandwich from the pan and place on a serving plate. Cut into half, drizzle with maple syrup, dust with powdered sugar, and add fresh raspberries if desired.
Optional: Try this recipe with our Cinnamon Loaf for an extra elevated breakfast!