Eggnog Scone Tiramisu
What could make the most famous Italian dessert even better? Putting a festive twist on it with our Eggnog Scones of course! This dessert recipe is one you HAVE to add your holiday menu’s. We’ve swapped out lady fingers for our Eggnog Scones and added some eggnog into the cream as well for a truly delicious dessert.
- 4 x COBS Bread Eggnog Scones
- 2 cups Whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup Eggnog
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 450g Mascarpone
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Kahlua (or other coffee liquor)
- 1 cup Coffee (cold or at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup Milk Chocolate, shaved
- Slice each Eggnog Scone into 4 fingers, then halve each of those pieces so you have 8 total from one scone
- Using a hand or stand mixer, whip the whipping cream, eggnog, and vanilla to hard peaks.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine the egg yolks, sugar, mascarpone, nutmeg, and coffee liquor. Stirring until fully combined.
- Fold the mascarpone mix into the whipped cream. You don’t want to beat the air out of the whipped cream so fold gently by hand until combined.
- To assemble the tiramisu, prepare an 8×8″ pan and have your coffee ready for dunking. The layers will go as follows: scones, cream, scones, cream.
- Quickly dunk one scone piece at a time into the coffee, soaking them for no more than 5 seconds at a time. Layer the scone pieces in one by one, then spoon the cream on top.
- Repeat the process one more time, then place in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving.
- When you are ready to serve, sprinkle the shaved chocolate on top & slice.