This low FODMAP recipe was created by Registered Dietitian and food blogger, and founder of Abbey’s Kitchen, Abbey Sharp. She has a BASc. in Nutrition and Food, completed her Dietitians of Canada accreditation, and has had substantial culinary training. With these delicious recipes and the new COBS LowFOD™ products, you can fall in love with bread again. Enjoy!
Loaded with our favourite hearty fall veggies, and protein-rich eggs, this strata made with our LowFOD™ loaf is the perfect balanced dish for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Serve it with a simple green salad for dinner, or with your favourite berries at brunch!
In this recipe: LowFOD™ Mini Loaf
- 1 COBS LowFOD™ Mini Loaf, cut into cubes
- 7 eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ cups milk (any kind)
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 small celeriac, peeled and diced
- 3 tbsp sage, minced
- Pinch each of salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded baby kale
- ¼ cup pecans
- 1 cup grated Gruyère cheese
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a bowl, beat together the eggs and milk with a generous pinch each of salt and pepper. Add the mini COBS LowFOD™ Loaf, in cubes. Transfer to a greased 12” cast iron skillet or a 9” square baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450° Combine the oil with the sweet potato, celeriac, sage and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Transfer to the baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until tender. Mix into the bread egg mixture, along with the kale, pecans and ½ of the Gruyère cheese.
- Reduce heat to 350°
- Top with the remaining Gruyère and parmesan and bake, covered, for 35 minutes. Uncover, and bake for an additional 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Top with chopped parsley, if desired.